11.17.2009

Bring on the red cups [holiday season]

The red cups are back! And, sadly enough, the commercial entity that is Starbucks just ushered me into the holiday season. I have been shaking my head at the Christmas decoration merchandise that popped up the day after Halloween, turning a deaf ear to Christmas music in stores, and begging my early-decorator grandma not to put her lawn reindeer out until at least Thanksgiving. But there was something different tonight- maybe that all the storefronts on Michigan Avenue are putting up Christmas displays, that the side streets already have their tree lights up and bright, that the Magnificent Mile Festival of Lights is on Saturday, and that I received the most precious holiday email from Kate Spade this afternoon. I got that tingling feeling of excitement in my stomach though. I officially cannot wait for Thanksgiving and Christmas.


So on the festive note, I began my Christmas list!

1. An eternity scarf. Typical me, can't decide on a color.


2. Tory Burch Reva flat. It's about time- anyone care to choose a color for me? I'm thinking black and gold, but the green or orange is so pretty and deliciously impractical.


3. Lululemon yoga pants, since I'm now a gym class whore with a 7-month pregnant instructor who kicks my butt.



No comments:

Post a Comment