11.16.2009

Black and white

This weekend I finally got around to doing some of the crafty things I have been putting off. Perhaps I was inspired by the madness from the sample sale I attended last week (more on that later). In any case, after a visit to Madison to visit some college friends, Sunday was spent going out to breakfast with the boy, watching movies/dozing on the couch, and sprucing up the corner cabinet in my bathroom.

Before (sorry, my only before picture was taken in my tiny bathroom)

And after!



The project was super cheap and simple. The decorative paper on the top of the cabinet is actually Hallmark gift wrap from their "Modern Woman" collection. I adhered it with several layers of Mod Podge (warning: it is really difficult to do a large surface area like this one without those pesky air bubbles and took me several tries before I was satisfied/gave up). Then the edges of the cabinet got a fresh coat of black paint to give the cabinet more structure. This goes perfect in my black and white bathroom, and I'm ignoring the fact that it is a bit girly for my boy's tastes.

No comments:

Post a Comment