1.18.2010

Haiti

This weekend was my first weekend back in Chicago in a whole month! It truly was a ton of fun- reuniting with my boy, shopping with my college roommate, going out for her birthday, playing DJ at a friend's party, and ending the long weekend gorging on dessert.

The weekend was of course slightly overshadowed by the tragedy occurring in Haiti. However, being perhaps the biggest (and sometimes slightly most unrealistic) optimist ever, I preferred paying attention to the stories of hope, joy, and reunion. Every time a family spoke about how they had found their child, just a few short weeks short of adoption, alive, it made me smile. When I heard that pilots carrying valuable supplies had no tower or guidance when coming in to land and instead simply communicated as a team via radio, guiding one another down, my eyes teared up. Every small act of kindness that I have seen, especially the rambunctious little boys on my street selling hot chocolate for their Haiti fund, has warmed my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment