6.15.2009

Obsessed.

I have recently rediscovered the perfection of the song "Africa" by Toto.  I think this might be one of the best songs ever made.  Seriously, who doesn't love this song?

"It's gonna take a lot to drag me away from you
There's nothing that a hundred men or more could ever do"

This part kind of makes my heart burst with happiness for some reason.  So, thanks to my fantastic boyfriend, I have discovered quite possibly the best version ever made.  Here are my top five:

5. Spongebob does Africa.  In German.  Not actually good, but hilarious to watch.

4. Howie Day cover.  His voice is definitely not perfect, but having seen him in college perform this live makes it a little better than normal.

3. Acoustic guitar.  This man is amazing.  I guess he plays covers at an Italian restaurant, but his sounds are peaceful and beautiful.

2. The original.  The original music video has got to be one of the worst, but the song clearly makes up for that.

1. I could watch this over and over.  


No comments:

Post a Comment